Attention Faculty! Consider joining Bryn Mawr’s Prof. Alison Cook-Sather in August for a book group.
Promoting Equity & Justice through Pedagogical Partnership
Book Group Dates: August 3, 10, 17, and 24, 2021 at 4:00-5:15pm Eastern time via Zoom. Details below.
Book Group Registration: coming soon (seats are limited)
Structures of and practices in higher education have long caused harm to students underrepresented at our institutions. A new book Promoting Equity and Justice through Pedagogical Partnership provides a framework for understanding the epistemic, affective, and ontological harms underrepresented and equity-seeking students experience.
This book group, led by co-author Alison Cook-Sather, will devote four sessions to working through the seven chapters of the book and building on participant responses to questions included in the book’s resources. The goal is to draw on the book’s concrete examples as well as participant responses to engage in dialogue, reflection, and planning for action in relation to the ways student-faculty pedagogical partnership can contribute to creating more equitable education.
Book Group Info & Materials
Promoting Equity and Justice
Through Pedagogical Partnership
- Copies are available for purchase prior to the book group: pre-order on the Stylus website
- A Reflection Guide: will be provided to all registered participants
- Session 1, August 3: Chapters 1-2
- Session 2, August 10: Chapters 3-4
- Session 3, August 17: Chapters 5-6
- Session 4. August 24: Chapter 7 and wrap up
- First 20 min – welcome and framing (A. Cook-Sather)
- Writing Interlude 5 min – individual reflection
- Middle 30 minutes – small group discussions in Zoom breakout
- Last 20 minutes – whole group sharing and synthesis