Coming in 2019 …
Introduction to Critical Data Science (co-taught course, shared digitally)
- Familiarity and expertise in basic coding (R or python, Excel).
- Understanding of theory and application of basic concepts in statistics.
- Ability to write and present technical material to diverse audiences.
- Intensive 8-week course with data lab component (fully digital)
- Student centered learning design including pre-recorded lectures, real-time lectures, and laboratory/supported work time
- Course to be co-taught by 4-5 instructors (one from each participating campus)
- Delivery is fully online with some scheduled and some asynchronous events.
Level: This class is intended for non-majors. There are no formal prerequisites; preference will be given for students with no prior coding experience; preference will be given to students who have taken college-level calculus. Enrollment must be approved by the student’s advisor at their home institution and by a lead course instructor.