- This event has passed.
Carleton CUBE Debrief
October 19, 2016
Debrief on Carleton’s CUBE pilot (online summer bridge program for quantitative skills)
On October 19, LACOL held a webinar with special guests Melissa Eblen-Zayas and Janet Russell from Carleton College. In this one-hour session, Melissa and Janet shared their experiences running the first iteration of the ‘Carleton Undergraduate Bridge Experience’ or CUBE, a new online summer bridge program designed to support entering students with quantitative skills and reasoning. Carleton’s creative approach to developing CUBE riveted the audience at the June LACOL workshop as the pilot was just getting underway. Now in this “debrief” session, you can hear all about what went into running the program in the first round, how students responded, and the lessons that were learned. The meeting was held in Zoom with ample opportunity for Q&A and discussion.
- Melissa Eblen-Zayas, Associate Professor of Physics and Director of the Perlman Center for Learning and Teaching, Carleton College
- Janet Russell, Director of Academic Technology, Carleton College
- CUBE home page: https://apps.carleton.edu/cube/
- Carleton’s CUBE presentation at LACOL 2016: http://lacol.net/carleton-cube-lacol2016/
- For access to video recordings, please contact the meeting organizer
Wednesday, Oct 19
- Pacific: 8am-9am
- Central: 10am-11am
- Eastern: 11am-noon